Saturday 4 September 2010

Ashley's story chapter 1

Ashley’s Story


Part 1

My name is Ashley Michele McGhee and this is the story of my life.

First off, Doc McGhee is my father. He and my mother, Naomi, were not married. In fact, I don’t even remember my mom. She dropped me off at an all girls Christian School in a small town in Maine when I was five. I guess I met Doc sometime after that. I really can’t remember any of that too well. Probably because I was too young or perhaps maybe I blocked it out of my mind. What I do remember is I always got packages and money. He rarely paid me a visit because he was busy with his career. Doc managed rock bands and traveled around the world. Sometimes I got to see him on Christmas or maybe even my birthday but in all reality, I hardly knew the man that was responsible for my birth. I never referred to him dad, I called him Doc. It was just easier that way.

I finished my education inside the Christian faith based schools, hating my life and wondering where I was headed. I was popular, but the other girls had families and I didn’t. Therefore I didn’t feel like I really fit into the scene. It felt like part of me was missing and I longed to feel complete. I wanted a family life and envied all the other girls who had that.

I did long for excitement, but under the watchful eyes of Sister Edna and Sister Maratha, that of course wasn’t allowed. Sure I had late night fantasies of meeting the perfect man and falling head over in heals in love with him. But the older I got the more the fantasies turned sexual, especially after Rhonda nabbed her sister’s Playgirl Magazine and we all got a glimpse of what a naked man looked like.

Rhonda and I were best friends, and I went to her house on the weekends and on the holidays that Doc wasn’t visiting me. Rhonda and her family were my family. There was one weekend that I went to her house and we snuck into her brother, Robby’s room. I was fifteen at the time and Robert was nineteen and in college. Rhonda found a video under his bed. Curious, we watched it in her room. HOLY MOLELY! I was so embarrassed and couldn’t help but laugh at what I saw. It was something I never imagined that a man and woman would do.

The day I graduated, Doc actually kept his word and attended the ceremony. He sat in the audience with all the other parents. He seemed proud of me that day, a day that still sticks out in my mind. I was thrilled that he showed he had cared enough to come. But then that turned to sadness when I realized that all of my friends were leaving with their families to go home and start whatever kind of life they wanted and go to college. Me on the other hand, I had no idea what I was going to do. Not having a family, I had no where to go and I still wasn’t sure of what I was going to do with my life.

Of course all of that changed when Doc asked me to come live with him. I was thrilled he asked me and I was so eager to get to know him and his life. He explained to me that he would be on the road with a band; I wanted to learn more about the world I was sheltered from. I’ll never forget it as long as I live; it’s buried deep inside me. I stepped off that plane in Denver, and my life changed forever. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined what life had in store for me but I was about to find out.

********

06/14/87 - Denver, CO

“Ashley,” Doc said as his face lit up when he saw her coming towards him.

He thought she looked exactly like her mother, who was a model at the time she and Doc met. Ashley stood 5’7 3/8”, long dark brown wavy hair with soft natural highlights of a golden caramel brown. Big intense dark brown eyes, long dark lush eyelashes and her radiant smile held perfect dimples in the center of her round cheeks. Her skin was a flawless medium tone. She wore a white t-shirt and faded jeans. Sweet and definitely innocent of the world she was about to step into or so it appeared anyway.

“Doc,” she said with a smile.

After they hugged, she stepped away readjusting her carryon bag to the other arm. Her sunglasses were pushed atop her head holding the wavy strands away from her face. They walked down the terminal to the escalators and started outside to the waiting limousine by the curb.

She stopped and looked over at him, “What about my luggage?” She asked as she pointed towards the baggage claim sign.

“It’s all taken care of. Tom is there and he’ll handle it all,” Doc said holding out his hand for her to follow him in the direction of the sliding doors that led outside.

“Who’s Tom?” She questioned as they both walked outside towards the shiny black limo.

“Tom’s my right hand man. He will get your bags and he’ll join us in a few,” Doc explained.

The limo driver opened the door to the limo and Doc waved Ashley inside.

She had never been inside a limo before. She looked around, feeling the leather seats, looking at the carpet and the dark tinted windows. Excitement ran through her veins as she smelled the leather she sat down on.

Doc looked at his watch, “Are you hungry?” He asked her.

She shook her head, “Yes. All I had today was toast and then some peanuts on the plane.”

Doc smiled, “Well that’s good. I am meeting the guys for dinner before their show, so I can take you along with me and introduce you.”

She was surprised. “Oh.”

“Listen, if you don’t want to come I understand. You can stay at the hotel, but at least come and have dinner with us. You have to meet them sooner or later.”

Her thoughts churned of anxiety and curiosity of the bands that had taken up so much of Doc’s time. She didn’t want to seem too eager to meet them.

“I guess I’ll have to get used to you and your bands, ugh?”

“Jonny and the boys are great guys. You’ll see. They aren’t like Motley,” Doc stated.

“Motley?”

“You know, Motley Crue,” Doc explained.

Ashley shook her head, trying not to laugh. She knew exactly who these bands were, but she had never laid eyes on them. The music she learned from Robby, Rhonda’s brother.

“That sounds like a great bunch of guys,” she said trying to sound sarcastic. “Do remember that I have spent my entire life sheltered and I have no idea who or what you are talking about.”

Doc laughed, “Your mother…she meant well, I am sure.”

She looked at him and rolled her eyes at the mention of her mother. “That’s what you think. She just shipped me off so I wouldn’t be in her way.”

Doc swallowed the lump in his throat, “Look…let’s just make a new start, okay?”

She smiled and turned her head to the window. She saw a tall man carrying her luggage. After he put it inside the trunk he got inside where she and Doc were sitting.

“Ashley? I’m Tom. Nice to meet you. I’ve heard all about you,” he said to her.

Tom looked to be about 30 something, she guessed anyway. He had dark blonde hair and green eyes that twinkled when he smiled.

She smiled sweetly and said, “Nice to meet you and thank you for getting my bags,”

Tom laughed. “That’s what I’m here for.”

The limo started to their destination, The Lowes Denver Hotel. She sat quietly listening to Tom and Doc talk about the day’s events. She learned that they would be in Denver another day then going to Utah and then California.

California, now that sounded like fun, she thought as she looked at the sites of Denver from the speeding limo going down the freeway. She smiled knowing she would now be able to see what the world was made of, never having the opportunity to know before. Hopefully she would find what she was looking for.

She was in awe as the limo pulled up outside the beautiful posh hotel. Inside the place looked to be the home of royalty. Dark burgundy covered the floors and the décor was accented with gold fixtures. She followed Doc up to the counter where he got her a room of her own.

He handed her the key and smiled. “We have thirty minutes until dinner. Do you want to go get settled first?” He asked, spotting Tom Keiffer from Cinderella coming out of the elevator.

“Yes, if that’s okay?” She asked.

Doc nodded his head and nodded towards Tom, who was coming towards them. Ashley turned to see who Doc was nodding to and got the shock of her life. A man with long black hair was coming towards them.

“Hey,” he said to Doc.

Ashley tried not to stare at the man with all the black hair, but she had ever seen anything quite like him.

He turned and looked at her, with a half smile he said, “You must be Ashley.”

She smiled and nodded. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she thought he was dressed like a woman and wondered if he was one of those cross dressers she had heard about. He was wearing a long black lace jacket showing the skin under it and black leather pants. His hair was long and messy and he wore dark shades covering his eyes. His lips were full and twisted up sort of like a pout.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Tom Keiffer, I sing in the band Cinderella.”

“Cinderella,” she stated as she remembered the band and a few songs.

He laughed. “We are nothing like the fairytale.”

Doc laughed. “Ashley’s not familiar with your music Tom. Maybe after tonight she will be.”

Tom smiled down at her and shook his head. “Maybe I’ll see you tonight then.”

Ashley turned back to Doc as Tom walked away, “What do you manage? A circus act?”

“No, don’t be silly. I told you, rock bands sweetheart. You’ll see it’s what’s hot now.”

“Men looking like women?” She pressed harder.

Doc laughed as he pulled her towards the elevator, “All the girls your age are crazy about guys with long hair.”

Ashley smiled to herself remembering something being said about men in tight leather pants and long hair. “Well, that doesn’t impress me. What does their music sound like? Women singing?”

“Ashley, you really have been sheltered haven’t you?” Doc kidded with her.

She leaned against the wall inside the elevator and sighed, “I guess they play that god awful devil music that I have been warned about right?” She held her laughter in.

Doc turned to her in surprise, “They told you it was devil music?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Well, yes.”

The door to the elevators opened and she walked out first. “It’s not devil music,” Doc said after her.

They found her room and he opened the door and she went in. She stopped and her mouth dropped open from visual. Doc put her bags down and then went back out into the hall to get the others. He spotted Richie coming out of his room. He waved as Richie walked towards him.

“Everything going okay?” Richie asked as he stopped to speak to him.

Doc nodded his head and looked inside the room, but Ashley had disappeared into the bathroom.

“She will be coming to dinner. Oh and you should know, please be on your best behavior, she thinks you all are devil worshipers.”

Richie laughed and shook his head. “This should be interesting. Are you sure she’s your daughter?”

Doc laughed and patted Richie on the back. “Just tell the others for me.”

Richie saluted him and then laughed. “Will do.” He continued walking down the hall shaking his head.

Doc finished taking Ashley’s bags into the room, just as she came out of the bathroom.

“This place is too beautiful to mess up. Do they have anything else?” She asked timidly.

“Get used to it; we always stay at the nicest places. You about ready?”

She smiled and pulled the sunglasses from her head and went into the bathroom to brush her hair and few seconds later she walked to the door and opened it.

She didn’t speak as they rode down in the elevator and continued on to The Tuscany dining room. They entered the restaurant and she followed behind Doc, taking in the furnishings of the room she was in. It was elegantly done and the environment was unpretentious, so that made her more comfortable for the time being.

She followed him to the back and saw what she guess was the band along the wall. They all had long hair and they were laughing rather loudly. They got quiet as she and Doc approached, making her nervous and uncomfortable once again.

She immediately saw the wine bottles and glasses on the table and her stomach did a flip flop. All six men at the table were looking at her and she could feel her face get bright red.

“Hey guys,” Doc said as they approached the table. He waved his hand to Ashley pulling out a chair for her to sit down in.

“This is my daughter, Ashley,” He said as she sat down.

Jon was the first to introduce himself. “Hi Ashley, I’m Jon.” He said as he shook her hand and sat back down across from her beside Richie who stood up with a glass of wine in his hand. She gave him a short grin.

“I’m Richie; it’s nice to meet you.”

Dave waved his hand, and introduced himself, along with Alec, and Tico.

Richie Bozzett was at the end of the table. “I’m not in the band; I’m just the road manager, Richie.”

She smiled and then lowered her head, picking up her menu to look at it.

“So what you have all gotten into while I was gone?” Doc asked as he picked up his glass of water and took a small sip.

“The usual. Richie slept late while the rest of us ventured out for a little while,” Jon answered before he took another drink from his wine glass.

He sat his glass down and looked over at the only female at the table.

“So Ashley, how long are you going to hang with us?” He asked her, noticing how beautiful she was.

She looked up from her menu to find the table once again staring at her. She forced herself to smile. “I’m not sure.”

“Well, we’d love to have you stay as long as you want. Doc’s like family to us all,” Jon said to her.

She never looked up from the menu when she said, “Thank you.”

Jon raised his brow at how polite she was. He then remembered she just graduated from a Christian School. He shuddered at that thought remembering what little time he had spent in one.

Looking over the menu, Ashley decided to have an Antipasto salad and water. She sat quietly, listening to the group of men talking. The waitress took their order and still the men continued to talk. She had never in her life felt so out of place before. She couldn’t even muster up the courage to check any of them out. She was waiting for the floor to cave in to her rescue.

“You wouldn’t believe this fuckin’ guy,” Jon laughed as he continued on with the story he was telling about his day. Realizing what he said, he felt stupid.

“Excuse me, I didn’t mean that,” he offered towards Ashley.

Ashley shot him a look, said nothing as she looked away from him.

He shrugged his shoulders and then continued on, “So here we are inside some stupid fuc….umm…store and this guy comes running out asking me to marry his daughter.”

The group of men started laughing hysterically at Jon’s so called proposal of marriage. Ashley rolled her eyes as she drank her water, thinking Jon was one of the most self absorbed people she had ever met. Jon saw her expression, but carried on with his story anyway and getting slightly irritated with her attitude.

“I had no idea what do to. Dave here didn’t make matter any better by asking to meet the girl. So fuckin’ stupid,” He laughed as he looked at Dave.

Ashley clenched her teeth together and shifted in her chair, still not saying anything and trying to ignore the disturbing conversation around her. She took a drink from her glass of water. When she sat it back down, her eyes met with the man sitting directly across from her. When Richie smiled, she smiled back quickly looked away as she felt panic about to sit in.

He leaned over towards her and asked, “How’s your water?”

Ashley could hardly look back up at him. “Fine, why?”

Richie laughed, “Some water can taste bad. Some water is better with lemon. Have you tried lemon?”

She noticed his eyes and the dimples in his grin and her pulse kicked up a notch. She fought hard not to have any reaction to him. “I hate lemon in my water.”

He shrugged his shoulders and sat back in his seat, studying her briefly. Yes, she was a knock-out and that surprised him, why he wasn’t sure. Maybe it’s because she was Doc’s daughter. At least he tried to be nice to her but it was obvious she didn’t want to take part in any type of conversation with anyone.

After dinner, Ashley quickly excused herself and went up to her room. Lying on her bed, it was now 6:30. Doc had called her earlier to ask if she wanted to go to the show. When she said no, he then asked her if she had everything she needed before he left. She assured him that she was fine.

So, now she was left alone. The events of the day occupied her mind. She shuttered thinking of most of them, even laughing at some. She laid on her back in the center of the bed and wondered what she was going to do for the evening. Picking up the remote, she flipped through several channels; stopping on what she didn’t know was MTV. She told herself that she needed to get in touch with the real world, so she decided to indulge herself.

Seeing her first Bon Jovi video, “Wanted,” it surprised her. As she watched the video, their road life was portrayed as not that easy and they seemed to be tired and worn out. However one thing she secretly admitted to herself was that she thought Richie was handsome. She thought back to earlier in the day when she first met him and smiled remembering how nice his smile was and how wonderful his eyes were.

She let out a sigh as the video came to an end and then got up to go find a soda machine. Traipsing around on the top floor of the hotel, she found a machine and selected a Dr. Pepper. Instead of going back to her room, she decided to take a tour of the hotel, just to see what else was there.

She found the gym on the 3rd floor and read on the door it opened at 6:00 AM. She peered inside and smiled seeing it was well equipped with what she liked to use. She made a mental note to herself that is where she would head tomorrow morning before breakfast.

She then found the outdoor pool and decided to sit down and dangle her feet in the water. She rolled up her jeans and sat down, carefully placing one foot at a time inside. Moving her feet around in the water, making it swirl, she took a drink from her can. She looked at her watch when she saw the security guard making his round. It was now 10:32. He chased her off and then he locked the gate.

Coming back in the door of her room, she had left the TV on. She turned it off and called it a night, changing into her nightgown, she got into bed.


********

06/15/87 - Denver, Co

Jon woke up with a splitting headache. He rolled over and moaned, his arm resting on a naked female body. He opened one eye and was reminded of the girl he had taken to bed the night before. She was cute and a decent lay, so he thought anyway. He rolled over the other way and fought off the steam of light coming in from the part in the curtains that hung at the window. He sighed, knowing he needed to get up and go to the gym. He had been doing well the last few days, working out regularly and he didn’t want a hangover to ruin it now.

He sat up on the edge of the bed and grabbed his underwear off the floor. Sliding both legs in, he stood up and pulled them up the rest of the way.

“Hmmm, good morning,” the girl in his bed said.

He turned around with a half smile, “Good morning.”

She sat up and rubbed her head and laughed, “I’ll be out of your way, as soon as I find my clothes.”

Jon picked up her skirt off the floor and turned to her. “I believe this is yours.”

She smiled as she pulled the sheet off the bed, holding it around her body. She met him in the middle of the floor, taking the leather skirt from his fingers. She then bent down on the floor and started searching for the rest of her clothes.

After finding her top, bra and underwear, she went into the bathroom and got dressed.

When she came out Jon had opened the curtains and bright light was streaming inside the hotel room. She walked towards the door and said, “It’s been fun.”

Jon turned and walked to her at the door. “Perhaps we will meet again,” He said giving her a wink.

The girl smiled and kissed him on the cheek and then opened the door. She walked out, closing it behind her.

After his shower, Jon dressed in black cotton spandex shorts and a red tank top and headed to the gym. It was now almost 11:00 AM. He laid his duffle bag down on the floor beside the door and looked around. There were a few people already on the machines. He smiled as he saw a girl on the stair climber, her back to him. His eyes looked over her tight body; her butt was shaped very nicely in the tight blue spandex that hugged her curves so well. He leaned against the wall, shaking his head to himself. He decided to use the machine beside her, which was a treadmill. He hated treadmills, but he had to get closer to her. Then maybe he could strike up a conversation with her.

He walked over; sitting his bottle of water down on the floor and jumped on. After he got it at a steady pace, he looked over at the knockout he had been watching. He stared down and her shapely legs, his fingers wanting to touch them. He looked back at her butt as his eyes took in every inch of her. His eyes stopped at her nicely sized chest, thinking of how they would taste covered in the sweat she must have now, the way she was going at it on the machine. He smiled as he lifted his eyes to her face. His mouth dropped open and he stopped running on the treadmill, making him fly back landing on his feet in the floor.

“Ashley?” He said shocked and out of breath.

She got off the stair climber and picked up her towel, throwing it around her neck. “I’m surprised someone like you would be up this early. Jon is it?” She said thrilled that he was checking her out, but trying too hard not to show it.

Jon stood staring at her; he couldn’t help but look at her body again. Shaking his head, he was speechless.

“You act like you’ve never seen a girl before,” she said shaking her head as she turned to pick up her own water bottle.

Jon couldn’t help but look down at her butt when she bent down in front of him. He didn’t even notice when Ashley had turned back around to face him.

“Do you always act like a pervert?” She asked him.

Jon laughed, focusing back to what he was actually doing. “I didn’t know it was you,” he said again, looking at her entire body.

“You are such a jerk,” she said as she started to walk off.

He caught her wrist, and pulled her back. “I was raised Catholic and I know what good little Christian girls are like. Don't take your fuckin' holier than thou attitude with me," he said low enough so no one else would hear him.

Ashley’s mouth dropped open. She narrowed her eyes and looked directly into his. "Don't you judge me! You don't know a thing about me!"

"I know you sat with a stick up your ass last night and didn't even give a one of us a fuckin chance," Jon shot back at her. He was so mad his nostrils were beginning to flare.

“And why should I when you all run around looking like a bunch of women!"

Jon let go of her wrist and titled his head back with an arrogant laugh.

"You are the biggest jerk I have ever met," She said and then walked off.

Jon watched her leave and then laughed to himself.

“That girl is one hot firecracker,” he said under his breath. Suddenly, he was embarrassed for even looking at her. He finished his workout trying to forget Ashley’s godforsaken body.

He left the gym just after 12:00 PM and on the way to his room he decided he needed a stiff drink after the morning he had had. He saw Richie sitting alone at the bar when he walked inside.

“What the hell happened to you? Work out too much for you?” Richie laughed as Jon sat down on the barstool.

Jon shook his head, “You won’t believe me if I told you, Rich.”

Richie handed him a beer and patted him on the back, “That girl musta done a number on you last night,” he laughed.

“No, it wasn’t her.” Jon explained and then took a big guzzle of his beer. He swallowed and then slowly said, “It was Ashley.”

“Excuse me?” Richie said, turning to face him.

“I saw her in the gym. You wouldn’t believe the body she has under those clothes,” Jon said as he shook his head and took another drink, finishing off the bottle and asking for another. Richie laughed at him.

“She is HOT as hell,” Jon said as he flashed his eyes at Richie and shook his head.

Richie gave him a smirk,” Well yeah she is, but Jon she’s…."

"But you didn't see what I saw," Jon said in disbelief.

"What the fuck did you see?” Richie asked, scared of the answer Jon had.

"Her tight ass on a stair machine.”

“She’s just a kid.” Richie laughed. “A knock-out of one, but she is a kid.”

"She didn't look like any kid this morning. I got a woody looking at her."

Richie spit out his beer and started coughing. Jon smiled and laughed, then handed Richie a napkin to wipe off his mouth.

“I know what you’re thinkin’,” Jon continued. “It’s just I can’t get that body out of my mind. I'm telling you Sambora you didn't see her on that stair climber, she sure as hell didn't look like any fuckin kid.”

“So what are you going to do?” Richie asked as the pretty barmaid brought him another beer. He smiled and gave her a one of his best flirtatious winks.

Jon sat in wonder and when he hadn’t answered, Richie turned around and faced him.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Jon said.

“Like what? I was just wondering if you were going to try and sack her or not.”

“NO! Hell no!” Jon said. “I just can’t get over her body. I am telling you, you wouldn’t believe it. It’s like she was a different person. Until she called me a jerk,” Jon laughed and rolled his eyes.

Richie laughed, “She called you a jerk. For what?”

“She caught me checking her out. I was a jerk to her though, it’s just I was shocked at what I saw and couldn’t believe I was checking her out.”

Richie shook his head as he listened to Jon tell about how he made a fool of himself.

“I need to go take a shower and get ready. I’ll catch up with you later on in the lobby,” Jon said as he got up off the barstool and finished his bottle of beer.

He told Richie goodbye and then headed up to his room to get shower.


********


Ashley kicked the soda machine and stood staring at it with her hands on her hips. Her last fifty cents and the machine decided to eat it. She saw someone out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see Jon and she rolled her eyes.

"NOT YOU AGAIN," She groaned.

Jon placed both hands on the machine and ignored her comment. "Here let me help you."

“I’d rather you didn’t,” She said as he was now standing in front of her.

“Look you gotta hit it the right way" He said as he kicked it and then rocked it hard until her soda fell into the slot.

He handed her the soda and smiled, "I'm sorry for being a jerk this morning."

She smiled hesitantly at him as she reached for the soda, “Thanks for the soda.” She blushed as she looked away from him.

Jon didn’t let go of the can, making her look at him.

“I had a hangover but that is no excuse. I'm serious; I was a jerk this morning.”

She tried not to smile at him, but found it was impossible to do as she found herself lost in his amazing blue eyes.

“Okay, apology accepted,” she said then laughed, “Just try not to do it again, okay?”

Jon smiled, letting her have the can of soda, and saying sweetly, “I’ll try.”

They both laughed.

“So, where you off to?” He asked before he realized he wanted to know.

“I was going to go swimming.”

Jon’s imagination couldn’t help but picture her in a bathing suit.

Ashley laughed seeing his expression, “You’re doing it again.”

“Doing what?”

“Thinking things you shouldn’t be.”

Jon smiled, “No, I’m not. I was thinking about swimming, I promise.” He couldn’t believe he felt his cheeks burning.

Ashley’s lips curved into a smile. “You are a terrible liar.”

Jon laughed out loud, enjoying how she was flirting with him. He scratched his head and glanced up at her. “Are you sure you were raised in one of the Christian schools?”

She didn’t know quite how to take his comment. She just said, “Yes, unfortunately.” She opened her can of Dr. Pepper and took a small sip.

Jon nodded, “Well, I need to go. Are you coming to the show tonight?” He asked just before he was about to turn and leave.

Ashley laughed, “I don’t think so.”

He flashed his best smile at her. “Aww, we’re not as bad as you think we are. You should check it out. I am sure you would have fun.”

She rolled her eyes and laughed at him.

“See ya later,” he said and then continued down the hallway.

She watched him briefly as he walked with a strut. Shaking her head, she turned back and headed for her room. She turned back around briefly to look at his butt and grinned to herself. She held her giggles to herself so Jon wouldn’t hear her. Just as she got to her door, Doc emerged from his a few doors down.

“There you are. I was wondering where you had been, I’ve been trying to call you all day.” He said as he stopped at her door.

“I went to work out, and then I had breakfast,” she said.

“You comin' to the show tonight?”

“Why must everyone keep asking me that? NO. I’m not coming to the show,” she snapped.

“Okay. Chill out then why don’t you. We leave tonight for Utah.”

When she opened the door to her room, Doc called out to her. “Ashley?”

She stopped and turned around to face him, irritation written all over her face, “Yes?”

Doc reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, handing her some money. “Here, this is for dinner.”

She took the money and smiled briefly at him. “Thank you,” she said softly.

“Okay, Tom will come get your probably around ten tonight and take you straight to the airport.”

She nodded her head and then Doc left, walking down the hall in the same direction she had seen Jon go just moments before.


********


The water was nice and warm as the sun started to hide behind the tall hotel. She had been there for over an hour relaxing and sorting out what was on her mind.

She really wanted to go to the show tonight, however it scared her to death. Especially after she saw the way Jon could be. Even though he apologized to her this afternoon after the way he acted in the gym, she still had her doubts about him and everyone else. She smiled thinking back at the way Jon was checking her out. Never had a man looked at her in that way and she had to admit, she was amused by it. Excited? Maybe. She laughed and shook her head of the thoughts, but they came back to her again.

If only Richie would look at her that way, she thought. Jon and Richie were two separate issues with her and she was guessing that Richie was more her type, but she wasn’t for sure. She had never had a crush on anyone before. She closed her eyes, plunging under the water, freeing her mind of the distracting thoughts that consumed her. Reaching the other side of the pool, she came up for air. She walked up the short flight of steps, to where she had laid her towel. She wrapped it around her and put her flip flops on.

She got back to her room and took off her swimsuit and put it in the sink. She took a long hot shower and then got dressed. When she left her room an hour later, her intentions were just to get something to eat.

She walked into the restaurant and it was crowded. She looked around and saw the female bartender that was there the night before. She waived her over to her.

“You can sit up here, if you want. You’ll never find a spot in there.” She offered.

“I don’t have any ID,” Ashley said hesitantly.

“No problem. I’ll say you’re my cousin.” The girl laughed.

Ashley smiled and then took a seat at the end of the bar. The bartender handed her a menu and then brought her the Dr. Pepper she had ordered.

“I’ll take a small pizza, loaded with everything you have.”

The bartender laughed. “Okay. Will do.”

Ashley picked up her tall frosty glass and took a small sip.

“So, how come you’re not at the concert with the guys?” The bartender asked as she came back over to her.

Ashley laughed and shrugged her shoulders, unsure of how to answer that question.

“What’s your name?”

“Ashley,” She answered.

“I’m Pam; it’s nice to meet you Ashley.”

Ashley smiled and took another drink from her soda and then Pam went back to bartending. A few minutes later she came back and stood in front of her.

“So, why were you eating dinner with them last night?” Pam asked leaning in towards the bar.

Ashley blinked, “Oh, well, Doc is my father.”

Pam nodded her head, “How cool is that?”

Ashley shrugged her shoulders.

“I would die to be that close,” Pam gushed.

That sparked interest in Ashley, “You’re a fan?” She asked casually.

“Oh yeah. I have been ever since 1985. They came here on tour and invited me and some of the other people here at work to the show. They are awesome. I wish I could have gone this time around, but I had to work to pay the bills.”

“Well, I really don’t know them.” Ashley explained.

Pam’s eyes lit up, “You’re kidding me right? Bon Jovi is the hottest thing around right now. Any girl would give their left arm to be sitting where you were last night. Directly in front of Richie and Jon. That’s a girls dream come true.”

Ashley giggled and then Pam went to take care of a customer. When she came back she had her pizza and sat it down in front of her, along with a plate and some napkins.

“So, tell me more about them,” Ashley pressed.

“Like what?”

“I don’t know anything about them.”

“Well like I said, their music is really good. They are nice guys. A little loud and ornery at times, but they are really just cool guys that are nice to their fans.”

Ashley laughed as she pulled a piece of pizza over on her plate, “I figured they were jerks. You know, all rock star’s are usually jerks, so I hear anyway.”

Pam laughed, “Yeah, I have met my fair share of assholes working here that’s for sure. But, seriously every time they stop here they’ve been nothing but nice.”

Ashley ate her pizza as Pam told her all about the bands she had met and what she had seen working at the hotel bar. Ashley listened carefully, learning a lot in a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment