Saturday 4 September 2010

Ashley's story chapter 13

Part 13


When Ashley got down to the pool she spotted Jason sitting over at a table sipping on a drink. She smiled, noticing how sexy he looked as he leaned back in the chair with dark shades covering his eyes. She hesitated at first, but she couldn’t deny that she was attracted to him.

Making up her mind, she decided to join him rather then spend some time alone.

"Hey, want some company?" She asked him.

He looked up at her and she smiled.

"Do I ever!" He answered, grinning appreciatively.

He got up and pulled out a chair for her but she waved him away. "Let’s go over on those lounges instead."

He eagerly agreed and when she asked what he was drinking he told her and offered to get her one once they got settled.

"I’d like that," She answered him.

Before she settled on the lounge she took off her lace topper giving Jason a view of what was underneath; a view that had him raise his eyebrows and wish there was something between them. He ordered her drink from a poolside waiter and they settled back talking while they waited.

After Ashley pulled out her own sunglasses, she looked over to her right and happened to see Dave sitting inside the poolside bar. He was looking their way as he drank his beer. He raised the bottle in salute and she waved back.

Turning back to Jason, she was upset to see Jon now walking their way. After all Richie had said the day before she was sure she didn’t want to talk to him ever again. She felt the whole thing was his fault. Giving her whole attention to Jason she didn’t see him stop by their chairs until he spoke.

"Hi, enjoying some sun?"

While Jason responded, Ashley refused to look at or even answer him. He got her message loud and clear and continued on his way joining Dave over at the table.

"Richie, will be joining us too. We’ll order lunch then,” Jon told him.

Dave nodded and took a drink from his Long Island Iced Tea, peering over at Ashley sitting beside Jason. “Are they dating now or what?” He asked Jon nodding his head in their direction.

Jon threw his hands up in the air. "I have no fuckin’ idea and it ain’t my business." He ordered a couple bottles of beer and another long island iced tea for Dave then told the waiter one more person would be joining them for lunch and they’d wait until then.

"Well, they look pretty cozy," Dave said.

Jon repositioned his chair so he could see what Dave was talking about. Ashley and Jason did look cozy as they sat close to each other talking.

About that time Ashley laughed at something Jason said and she fell back onto the lounge chair. A waiter came and handed them both drinks and then left. Jon said nothing as he watched her. He then saw Richie coming to the table having come through the privacy gate at the other end. He walked towards them, never noticing Ashley and Jason on the other side of the pool.

“What’s up?” He said with barely a smile.

Dave laughed, “Oh, we are just sitting here checking out the hot babe with Jason.”

Jon hung his head as Richie turned around to see who they were talking about.

When Richie turned around Ashley was standing up, her back to him. Jason was still lying on the chair looking up at her smiling, obviously enjoying her body. He scowled seeing she had on the white bikini he didn’t want her to wear in front of anyone else but him.

Dave sighed and took a long drink from his glass as Richie, not saying anything sat down in his chair. He made sure his back was to Ashley so he wouldn't have to look at her with Jason.

The three friends ordered lunch and more drinks. Over a long, leisurely and liquid filled lunch Jon outlined some of the things he was thinking about adding for the next nights show, and then signaled the waiter to bring another round.

"No more for me man. I‘ve had enough," said Dave.

"Rich?" Jon questioned while he watched Ashley turning and holding up her hair to let Jason rub suntan oil on her back. He had a hard time concentrating on anything else and barely heard Richie answer him.

"What?" He asked realizing Richie had said something and was sitting there watching him with a frown on his face.

"I said make it two." Richie repeated, slightly irritated where his eyes kept roaming.

Jon nodded his head and as the waiter came to the table, Ashley was now leaving Jason alone and looked to be heading back to her room.

“Well if they are together, she’s leaving without him,” Dave said.

Richie rolled his eyes and Jon smiled as he gave Richie a knowing glance.

“Why are you two so interested in who Jason’s dating anyway?” Richie asked both Dave and Jon.

Dave cracked a smile. “It’s Ashley I’m more interested. You can not sit there and tell me that you don’t think she’s a fuckin’ knockout!” Dave said staring at Richie.

Jon’s eyebrow wrinkled. He picked up his bottle of beer, taking a slow drink as he waited to hear how Richie would answer.

“What does it matter what I think Dave? Looks like you have the hots for her.” Richie said coolly.

Jon shook his head. Richie could always play everything so cool. He knew his friend too well by now.

Dave turned to Jon. “And what about you? You’ve been checking her out since you got here.”

Richie turned to Jon. “Yeah Jon.”

Jon shrugged his shoulders but didn’t smile. “Sure, I think she’s hot. You’d have to be blind not to.”

Dave nodded and then Jon added, “And that tiny white bikini isn’t making it any easier either.”

“So there you have it Sambora.” Dave said raising his arms. “If Jason gets it, he’s one lucky mother fucker!”

Richie turned around and saw that Ashley was gone. He looked back at Dave and nodded. ”She’s a sweet girl, she deserves the best.”

Dave shrugged. “Jason’s a nice guy. But Ashley could have whomever she wanted; when she wanted.”

Jon and Richie both glanced at each other.

Jon smiled. “So what are you saying Dave?”

“Hell, I don’t know,” Dave laughed. “I hope the modeling works for her so she will have the opportunity to meet the knight in shining amour she deserves.”

Richie frowned, knowing that he didn’t fit that description at this point.

A short while later Ashley returned to the pool with her portfolio.

"I wonder what that is." Dave said.

Richie turned around to see what Dave was talking about. Seeing Ashley he turned back around.

"Probably her portfolio," Jon answered. "I wonder how it came out."

Richie wondered the same thing but decided against saying anything about it in front of Jon. He finished his drink and started in on the next one.

"Well, I’m outta here. I told Tico I’d meet him this afternoon.” Dave said as he threw down some money.

A wide smile came across his face as he stood up. “I’ll walk around behind them and let you know how she looks Jon since you’re so interested," Dave laughed.

"Fuck yeah I’m interested! I’d love to get a look at that topless shot," Jon laughed.

Dave laughed and shook his head. "That makes two of us." He walked off circling behind Jason and Ashley as he left.

Ashley sat beside Jason on his lounge chair letting him look though her pictures.
She felt a little bit embarrassed when he first started looking at them. She glanced up in the direction that Jon and Richie were and saw Dave coming around the side of the pool.

“Ashley,” Jason said. She turned to him and he looked stunned. “These are amazing.” He said as he shook his head.

“Let me see!” Dave said as he walked up behind them.

Jason looked up and laughed, “Wait your turn.”

Ashley smiled, her face turning somewhat red as Dave sat down on the lounge in front of her. He smiled and raised his eyebrows at her. She shook her head and looked back down at her pictures.

When Jason was done he handed the book over to Dave, who licked his lips as he got it in his hands. The first page he read over her measurements and then looked up at her.

“38 ugh? DAMUM!” He said shaking his head.

Ashley tried to snatch the book away from him, but Dave leaned back across the chair so she couldn’t get it.

“Ya know, you sure don’t look seventeen. Are you lying to us?” Dave said as he continued flipping through the pages.

Ashley shook her head and laughed despite that Dave’s comments were embarrassing her.

“Oh there’s the shot…..” He sat back up and smiled, “Can I make posters and sell them?”

She shook her head and grabbed the book away from him, “Thank you for your compliments, Dave.”

“No problem. I have to go. We were discussing that those must have been your pictures, so I wanted to beat the guys to seeing them,” He said waving his thumb in the direction of Jon and Richie.

After Dave had gotten out of hearing distance Richie looked at Jon. "I don’t believe you man. You give me hell for what I did and you sit here talking about her like that."

Jon had enough sense to at least look a little embarrassed. "Sorry man but…damn it Rich look at her!" As he spoke he was looking over at Ashley and Jason but then he returned his gaze to Richie. "You know, seeing her in that suit looking so hot…I know what came over you in Mexico. I don’t blame you for what you did man."

Richie took a long drink from his cold bottle and then lit a cigarette. “It happened before Mexico Jon.”

Jon took a matching drink. "Be...before? How long before? Oh man where did you nail her?"

Richie laughed and took a drawl, blowing the smoke over his shoulder and catching another glance at Ashley.

Turning back to Jon he smiled, “No that was in Mexico. We just messed around before that.”

"Did you teach her everything you know?" Jon smirked; almost spilling his beer as he reached for it.

Richie embarrassedly shook his head and started laughing. He lowered his head to the fold in his arm to try and keep composure. “I taught her enough.” He said then raised his head back up, “That’s all I’m going to say.”

"Listen man, I ain’t gonna…." He squeezed his eyes shut. Forgetting what he started to say he began again. "She’s all yours." He put his head in his hands and messed his hair around before he looked up. "I ain’t saying anything to no one."

Richie shook his head, “I’m not sure what I want anymore Jon. She hates me anyway.”

"Huh?" Now Jon was lost. "Whadda ya mean she hates you? It’s me she hates. She wouldn’t even talk to me when I said hi and she gave me hell on the plane said I’m not a friend."

Richie sat back in his chair, finishing off the bottle of beer and picking up the next one.

Jon took anther swig of beer. "I think she’s in love with you. You need to go on tell her you want her."

“She is in love with me, Jon. We’ve been down that road, and I hurt her. I hurt her real bad.” He sighed, “She’s got me scared. How can something so good be so fuckin wrong!” He said taking another drink.

"I’ll go talk to her for you; tell her it waaaaas aaaalllll my fault," Jon finished off his beer and started to get up out of his chair. He staggered and lost his balance falling against Richie.

He straightened up as best he could. "Ashley!" He hollered.

Richie grabbed Jon by the neck laughing as he saw Ashley looking over at them, “Sit the fuck down man! It’s not that simple. I said things I shouldn’t have said to her.”

"Like what?" Jon asked as he tried to sit missing the chair and ending up on the concrete instead. "I think I need some help here," He laughed.

Grabbing onto his chair Jon managed to kneel then stand using the table for support.

“Gonna try this again," he laughed as he successfully sat back in his chair. Leaning forward he looked at Richie. "Talk to me bro."

Richie laughed at Jon hardly able to sit in the chair cause was so drunk. “I am going to admit to you that I started out only wanting to fuck her. That’s why I took her to Mexico. I fell in love with her there.” He closed his eyes, “Or at least I think I did. I’m so confused. She’s wonderful, but her age has got me so fucked up.”

"Tell me more about you and Ash" He waved his hands in front of his face. "Wait…wait...I gotta take a piss I’ll be right back."

Jon managed to get up out of his chair. He stood a little unsteadily holding onto the table’s edge for a minute looking off in the directions of the restrooms. Nodding his head he said, "Okay I got this."

Richie ordered a couple more beers while he waited for Jon. It seemed like it was taking a long time for him to return. He turned and looked towards the bathrooms, horrified to see Jon walking up to Ashley and Jason. Things got worse when Jon sat at the end of Ashley’s lounge chair.

Ashley looked up as Jon plopped down.

"What do you want?" She said coolly.

In his inebriated condition her tone was lost on him. "You let Dave see your pictures I wanna see too."

"You’ve had too much to drink," She told him.

He frowned and held up his thumb and finger spread about as far apart as the height of a shot glass. "Just a little. You gonna lemme see your pictures?"

"Show him Ashley, you have nothing to be embarrassed about," Jason said.

“Yeah, Ashley,” Jon grinned.

Ashley laughed. “Like you’ll even remember,” She said shoving the book at him.

Jon opened the book and flipped over the first page as the wording just ran together. “Jesus Christ!” He shouted loud enough for Richie to hear him. “Ashley! Oh my fuckin god!”

“Jon, would you quiet down. You don’t have to tell the whole world!” She said covering her face with her hand.

Jason chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders, “He said exactly what I was thinking when I saw them.”

Ashley was too embarrassed to even lift her head at this point. She thought today would be an innocent day at the pool.

Jon continued looking through the book until he came across the photo they all wanted to see of Ashley. His eyes got wide; it was a remarkable photo and this one for sure made her look way more than seventeen. Jon’s alcohol clouded brain realized just how Richie could forget all about her age and think only of the woman on the page he was staring at.

Jon looked over where Richie still sat at their table. "Hey Rich! Come here and see this it’s great!" Jon yelled.

Ashley was horrified. The last person she wanted over there was Richie. “Jon, don’t call him over here. Please!” She begged him.

Jon leaned forward and lowered his voice trying unsuccessfully to whisper. "Why not? There’s nothing here he hasn’t seen. You know how he feels."

Ashley forgot Jason for the time being and took Jon’s face in her hands. "Jon, please," she begged.

He pulled away and shook his head. "No, no, no. I gotta right a wrong. Riichhhhhhheeeeeeeee!" he yelled.

“Stop yelling Jon, I can hear you all the way over on the other side of the pool,” Richie said shaking his head as he walked up to them.

Ashley couldn’t make herself look up at Richie; she just sat shaking her head at what Jon had now caused.

“Come on Jon, let’s go.” He said as he motioned for him to get up. “Ashley, I’m sorry he’s acting this way. He’s had way too much to drink.”

“Richie, look at this!” Jon said as he turned the book around showing the picture of Ashley.

Richie smiled as he looked at the picture, biting his tongue before he said anything. Ashley grabbed the book away from Jon as she got up. She looked up at Richie and saw the smile on his face; she quickly looked away from him back down at Jason who was laughing at Jon so hard he had tears in his eyes.

"See you kids belong together," Jon said smugly.

Jason mistakenly thought Jon was referring to him and Ashley but Richie and Ashley both knew better. Once again Richie tried to get Jon away from her.

"Come on Jon," he said as he tugged on his arm.

Jon brushed Richie’s hand away. "No. We got nothing to do and I’m having a good time let’s order another round and party right here."

He raised his hand for the waiter then got off the end of Ashley’s lounge. "You sit here Rich," he said patting the place he’d just gotten up from. He went to the chair on the other side of her and stretched out.

Jason stood up, “I hate to run out on the party, but I have to study for a test that I am having and I am meeting Obie.”

Ashley started to panic, now that Jason had to leave. She stood up as Jason did.

“I’ll call you later on,” he said to her. “Maybe we can get something to eat if you aren’t drunk from hanging out with these guys.”

She smiled and then put her arms around his waist. Staring him in the eye, she stood up on her tip toes and she kissed him, softly on the lips. Jason smiled and kissed her back. It was a sweet gesture that thrilled him to no end.

Richie wasn't thrilled with it. He looked straight ahead, not saying anything with his jaw clenched tight.

Ashley told Jason goodbye and stood watching him until he was gone. She then turned around.

“I can’t fuckin believe you two!” She snapped as she swiped up her lace cover-up in one quick movement.

“What are you trying to do to me? No, don’t answer that!” She said grabbing her towel. “Jon you have some nerve coming over here like nothing.”

She turned to Richie, “And you, I have nothing to say to you.”

Richie stared down at the ground feeling like shit after the way she just blew up but Jon was just to drunk and cocky to let the subject drop.

"I ain’t sorry I came over. You both made me see I was wrong before and I wanted to let you know I changed my mind. Now what’s so fuckin wrong with that?" He challenged.

"Jon don’t," Richie said.

“Too much as been said and done to change anything,” She said as she turned to go.

Richie reached out and took her hand, pulling her back to him.

“Don’t leave mad, please?” He asked her with sad eyes. “We can all three work this out and be friends at least.”

Jon raised his beer. "Yeah what he said!" Then trying real hard to be serious he added, "Come on Ash, give us another chance, please?"

He looked at Richie standing there holding onto Ashley’s hand and set down his bottle of beer. "Or maybe…maybe I should just let the two of you work things out. Hate me if you want Ashley. Don’t hate Richie."

Ashley pulled her hand away from Richie and shot him a icy glare while after a few unsuccessful attempts to get out of the lounge chair Jon leaned back and closed his eyes.

“You need to take care of Jon,” Ashley said looking down at Jon who appeared to be now passed out.”

Richie scratched his head, “I was just going to leave him here.”

Ashley cracked a laugh. “Leave him here to burn in the sun? You are mean.”

He shrugged his shoulders, “Pay backs are hell.”

She shook her head and then Richie thought of an idea.

“Okay, I can get him to his room, but I’ll need your help. If you don’t mind of course.”

She shook her head no, “That’s not a good idea.”

Richie shrugged his shoulders and smiled, “Then I guess he’ll be left to burn.” He said and turned to walk away.

“Okay, fine. I’ll help you.” She said slightly irritated at Richie for making her have to give in to him. “But make sure you tell him I helped ONLY because I didn’t want to see him turn into a lobster. I’m still pissed off at him.”

Richie smiled, “Remind me to ask you why you are so mad at him.”

She ignored his comment, “How am I supposed to help you?”

“Find his room key please. I know it’s in his pocket and I ain’t fishin’ it out.”

She smirked, “Why not? You fished mine out.”

“That’s different.”

She laughed and stuck her hand down in one of his front pockets. Not finding the key she removed it and stuck her hand down the other one. She closed her eyes and started laughing.

“This ain’t no key either,” She giggled.

“Great! Now I get to tell Jon you molested him.”

“Don’t you dare!” She laughed.

“Just find the key, damn it,” Richie said getting irritated.

“Hey, you asked me to do this.” She reminded him. “I can’t help he’s apparently excited.”

Richie looked at her, “I wonder why Ashley?”

She smirked, “Well, the key is actually under it. So let me…”
“Would you just hurry up,” Richie growled.

She giggled. “Okay,” she said pulling her hand from his pocket and dangling the key for Richie to see it.

Richie pulled Jon up off the chair and threw him over his shoulder, “Just follow me and keep your hands to yourself,” he said sarcastically.

Ashley picked up her beach bag and put it on her shoulder. “Jealous,” she said teasing him.

Riche rolled his eyes and walked to the gate and on to Jon’s room, Ashley following behind him.

Reaching Jon’s room, Ashley unlocked the door and Richie took him inside as she stood in the hallway. Richie laid Jon down on his bed and left him. He closed the door behind him and Ashley held the key out for him.

“I guess he needs that,” Richie said as he once again unlocked the door. When he placed the key on the dresser he closed the door once again. As he turned around to Ashley, she was gone. He looked down the hallway and she was walking towards the elevator.

“Where ya going?” He asked her.

“You said you only wanted me to help you with Jon,” she said as she stopped to wait for the elevator.

Richie walked down to her, “You are being too difficult.”

She smiled, crossing her arms she didn’t move as she looked at the elevator.

Richie said nothing and the elevator door opened. He followed her on and she pushed the ground floor button. Richie stood silently beside her.

When the elevator made it to the ground floor, the door opened.

“Goodbye,” she said as she walked out the door.

Richie walked out behind her and followed her out to the pool. When she got to the lounge chair, she turned around.

“Are you following me now?”

“Yes,” He said crossing his arms and grinning at her.

She turned her nose up at him. “Well, stop,” she said walking past him.

Richie turned around and walked behind her. She stopped quickly and he ran into the back of her. They both laughed.

“Ashley, I just want you to talk to me,” He said.

She turned around, “I am talking to you, Richie.”

“Good, then come have a drink with me.” He asked her.

She rolled her eyes. “Absolutely not.”

He gave her a sad look and Ashley crossed her arms glaring at him. “Me drinking with you will only result in one thing and you know it.”

He shook his head, “I do not want that. I only want us to talk about this. Unless if you want to, we could do it.”

“ARRHHGG!” She said turning around once again to leave.

This time he reached out and grabbed her arm as he was laughing, “I’m only kidding Darlin’. Seriously, I just want to talk to you.”

She pulled away from him, still mad. “I shouldn’t even be talking to you now after the way you treated me.”

He took her by the hand and started leading her to the bar. “Richie, I don’t want to have a drink.”

“Sure you do, one drink won’t hurt anything,” He said as he stopped at a table and pulled out a chair for her.

She begrudgingly sat down as he sat down in front of her. He lit up a cigarette and motioned for the bartender.

“Whattcha want?”

“Something strong.”

He looked at her and laughed as she lit a cigarette. The waiter came and Richie ordered some drinks. After he left, he leaned closer to the table.

“I’m sorry I was such an asshole to you.” He started, “I should have been honest with you then, but I was just so confused I didn’t know what to do.”

Ashley took a drawl from her cigarette and blew the smoke out of the corner of her mouth, “So, you are admitting that you lied to me from the beginning.”

“I didn’t lie about everything.”

“So tell me what you lied to me about.”

“Yes, I was only after one thing,” he admitted as he rolled his eyes. “But the more I was with you the more I wanted to be with you. My feelings grew and I wasn’t ready to deal with them or the fact of who you are and your age.”

She took a hard swallow and looked down at the table. “So you lied to me when you told me you loved me in Mexico. That was all just an act so you could get me to bed.”

“No,” he said softly. “I fell in love with you there.

She raised her eyes up and looked into his, “What about now? Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you love me right now?”

The waiter severed their drinks; Richie a beer and Ashley a Rum Runner with an extra shot of rum in it.

Richie shifted uncomfortably in his chair as he was thinking of how to tell her the truth. Ashley could read his actions loud and clear.

“So, see…you were lying to me.” She said. She sat back in her chair shaking her head. She took a long drink from her straw and then took a drawl from her cigarette.

“Ashley it’s complicated.”

“How can it be complicated? It’s not for me. I know I love you and I’m not ashamed to say it.” She said. “Why are you ashamed of me?”

Her words broke his heat, “Darlin, I’m not ashamed of you in any way at all. I’m twenty-eight years old. If Doc found out, he’d cut my balls off.”

“Age shouldn’t matter if you really love someone,” She said sadly. “But it really doesn’t matter now anyway.” She paused and then said, “I’m leaving soon.”

“Leaving?” Richie asked surprised.

She nodded her head, “I’m going to go head first into modeling.”

“When do you leave?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “I’m not sure. The details haven’t been worked out yet.”

“Well, if you are here for my birthday, I would like to celebrate with you.”

“When’s your birthday?” She asked him, hoping she would really be there.

“Next Saturday. The 11th.”

She smiled, “If I’m here I’ll have a drink with you.”

He smiled, “I’d like that.”

They sat in an awkward silence for a minute before Richie spoke.

“You are coming to the show tomorrow night, right?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Jason asked me to come and sit with him at the soundboard.”

"Do you want to watch from there?"

“Does it really matter where I watch the show?” She asked him.

"I enjoy it more when you're someplace I can see you. Is being with Jason important to you?" He asked.

She felt her heart stings be tugged once again. “Richie, we don’t have a commitment. You showed that when you slept with that stripper. I think I should be allowed to see who I want to. Besides you are confused you don’t know what you want and I can’t sit around and wait for you until you come to that decision.”

She leaned forward and touched his hand, “As much as I want to be with you, I can’t do that to myself.”

Richie looked down at the table; not speaking for a minute. When he looked up she could see his eyes were clouded with sadness. "I suppose you’re right Ashley. I’m sorry about how things worked out with us. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and begin again but that’s impossible."

Ashley turned her head her eyes filling with tears as she sat there across from him.

“I’ll always love you, Richie.” Her voice was something of a whisper as she found it hard to speak.

He reached across the table and laid his hand on hers. "I don’t want it to be this way. I just don’t know what to do; or how to behave or if I’d ever be able to give you what you need; what you deserve."

He sat there waiting for her to speak silently hoping she’d forgive him and tell him they could start anew. She looked away seeing Dave and Tico. They were coming straight towards them.

“I’ll be right back,” She said as she got up from the table.

Richie could see she was about to cry, “You promise?”

She nodded her head and went towards the bathrooms.

Dave smiled as he walked up to the table, “Did ya run Jason and Jon off to have her all to yourself, Sambora?”

Richie laughed, “Not at all. She told Jon and Jason to get lost she wanted a real man.”

Tico laughed, “I see she left seeing you coming Dave. You musta pissed her off earlier.”

"Did you get to see those pictures?" Dave asked raising his eyebrows.

“Yes I did.” Richie answered. He finished off his bottle and then held it up to the bartender. “You guys want anything?”

“I don’t want to intrude on you and Ashley,” Dave winked.

Ashley walked up to the table and sat back down, smiling at both Tico and Dave.

“We are going to the bar. If you aren’t busy we are going out later to your favorite strip club,” Dave laughed.

Richie laughed and shook his head and laughed, “We’ll see. Catch me later to see how I’m feeling.”

Ashley smiled at Richie and he caught the mischief in her eyes before she looked up at Dave.

“Are you not going to invite me?” She asked him.

Dave smiled and put his arm around her, “Would you really go if I did?”

“I don’t know, try me,” she answered and laughed at Richie’s expression.

Dave leaned back laughing, “Ashley we are going to a strip bar later tonight. Do you want to go?”

She looked at Richie and winked, “Sure. Why not? Sounds interesting.”

Richie closed his eyes and started laughing as Tico and Dave were beside themselves.

“Holy shit, Ashley! Are you serious? You would go with us?” Dave asked again.

She nodded her head, lighting a cigarette then she looked directly at Richie and batted her eyes.

“Unless Richie feels uncomfortable having a female tag along. I don’t want to mess up his plans.”

Richie smiled, both dimples were visible. “I think it would be very interesting to see you at a strip bar. Especially this particular one. Count me in,” He said and then gave her a wink.

“Who’s going to tell Doc?” Tico asked scratching his head.

Ashley laughed, “No one. He doesn’t have to know.”

Richie’s eyes widened at her boldness, “What about your ID? He asked, and then turned to Dave. “We need to get her an ID so she can get in.”

“Ahhhh, Sambora…I was thinking the same thing. There’s a place downtown that sells them. We take her there and get her one and then we are all set,” Dave said nodding his head.

“You guys are nothing but trouble.” Richie laughed before taking a swing of beer.

“I don’t see you objecting,” Ashley said back to him

“How can I say no to someone as beautiful as you?” He grinned.

Dave rolled his eyes, “Don’t listen to him Ash. He’s got a line of shit a mile long.”

"Don't I know it," Ashley returned, “I’ve done heard all of his lines.”

Dave eyebrow raised, “Oh really now?”

“Weren’t you just leaving Dave?” Richie asked turning to him and giving him a look.

Dave laughed and patted Richie on the back, “Yes I was. We will see you two later.”

Dave and Tico left and went to the bar. Richie looked over at Ashley, “You aren’t going to a damn strip bar.”

She smiled and leaned up closer to the table, “And just what makes you think you can tell me I can’t?”

Richie shook his head, “You want to make it as hard as possible for me don’t you?”

“You love it, admit it.” She grinned.

“Yeah, that’s what scares me Ashley.”

No comments:

Post a Comment